Popular Posts

March 8, 2015

Baby Blanket (free pattern)

So excited! I'm finally done with my baby blanket. I have a small addiction to pinterest. And while feeding my slight addiction, I found a blanket that had a super cute stitch I just had to try. Usually I have trouble reading patterns online but this one was pretty simple and super easy. So of course I was super excited. It's probably my favorite stitch right now. It's really simple once you get past the foundation it's a piece of cake. The finished product is a beautiful textured  look.

Now I didn't really plan to make a blanket. I originally just wanted to try the stitch out, but once I realized how crazy easy it was I couldn't help it. And of course I didn't have any one to make a blanket for, I just wanted to make something! Oh the woes of a avid crocheter.

The finished product:





I love this stitch. I can't say it enough. If you would like to try it out, it's a free pattern located on Sea Trail Grandmas Blog. Now if you notice, my blanket doesn't look like the one on the blog. I didn't follow the pattern, I just went with the stitch. My blanket is not only a rectangle but the border is also completely different. I wanted the border to be more boyish, because of the colors I chose to use. 

If you are not a pro crochet here are some things you'll need to know before you start this stitch. I have attached a couple of youtube videos that are feel are real easy to follow. 


Some other things I did differently:
  • The yarn that I used was Bernat Sport Weight Solids   
  • The size crochet hook I used was F or 3.75 mm  


If anyone has any questions, let me know. I am more than happy to help. :)





As always thanks for reading 
~~~~~~
Have a Sweeter Day Than Yesterday! 

3 comments:

  1. Your stitches look very nice. The border is a good accent as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Irene. My mom taught me to crochet several years ago. I think she was a pretty good teacher!

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete