Popular Posts

March 15, 2015

Crochet Wire Necklace Tutorial

My bestie is getting married! Super excited for her, however, I won't be able to make the wedding. So my gift for her is a necklace to wear for her wedding as well as necklaces for her bridesmaids. I'm super excited to make them for her but it would have been nice to be there.   

Below are the steps I took to make the brides necklace. First thing you definitely need to know how to do is crochet a chain stitch, click here for a video tutorial. Also I will pride a list of supplies.  



1) Start by stringing the beads directly onto the spool of wire.
2) Before starting leave a really long tail, I left about 6 inches.
3) Begin your necklace by chaining several times. This will be the back of your necklace. 

4) To add the beads, move the bead up to the, yarn over the wire over your hook, then pull through just like a normal chain stitch. You can add the beads anyway you like. The necklace will be beautifully unique. 

5) When you are finished with the beads & coming to the end chain several times.
6) Remember to leave a decent length tail before cutting.
7) Make as many stands as you want. I usually make 3 strands. 

8) Gather all strands at the end and twist.
9) Braid or twist the strands all the way to the ends.
10) Use your wire tails to add the clasps or length. 

Supplies:


  • 24 or 22 gauge wire  
  • Beads   
  • Needle nose pliers 
  • Wire cutters 
  • Metal crochet hook (plastic will end up getting ruined from wire

I hope this necklace inspires you to be creative with your gift making. Because the best gifts are those that are made with love. It's just fine to buy someone something. But for that person to know you took the time to create something just for them? Don't know about you but that sounds pretty meaningful to me. 


~~~~

Have a Sweeter Day 
Than 
Yesterday

No comments:

Post a Comment