Popular Posts

May 27, 2016

Baby Shadow Box


Baby Shadow Box



A friend of mine was having her first baby. Super excited I wanted to make her something special. I liked the idea of the Book of Firsts. I love the thought of filling in the blanks and putting in pictures of the memories, however, I didn't want to make a book, I wanted something she could have and see often, not sitting a bookshelf. Answer? Shadow Box!

First I found out the gender and went shopping for paper! There are so many colors and patterns, I was overwhelmed with all of them. I didn't want anything to flashy, but I definitely wanted cute patterns for a cute little girl.

Originally I wanted to write or stencil on the bits of scrapbooking paper that would decorate the inside of the shadow box. While shopping though, I ended up finding scrapbooking paper that already had tags and fill in the blanks for all "Baby Firsts." Half the work done, I just needed a slightly darker background color so everything else would pop.

While gluing everything in, which didn't take as long as deciding where to put it all, I realized I wanted her to be able to put keep sake's in it also. So I made an envelope for "First Hair Cut," and a tiny box for "First Lost Tooth."

Here is the link on how I made the Mini Paper Box. I did have a little difficulty with it just because ot the size I wanted. Large enough for a baby tooth of course, but super tiny so it wouldn't overwhelm the rest of the memories. After a lot of unmentionable curse words, I finally got the size if wanted and without crumpling it.


1)   Baby Scrapbooking Kit


2)   8" by 8" White Shadowbox Picture Frame


3)Clear Tip Glue Pen


As always thank you for reading, comments are always welcome and I would love to see your crafts and/or shadowbox projects.

Have a Sweeter Day than Yesterday

No comments:

Post a Comment