Popular Posts

June 10, 2016

Black Cap Mountain

Black Cap Mountain Hike

Finally went on a real hike in Maine! Well, on the border of Maine and New Hampshire. A little past North Conway, New Hampshire are the White Mountains and some beautiful trails. Before work, a friend of mine drove us out to North Conway to hike the Black Cap Mountain. I should have kept track of our time but I was too excited. First time on a mountain. We geared up with lightweight backpacks and water. My friend told me it should be no more than an hour up and then hour down. We started our day at 7 am. Got to North Conway by 8:30 and made it home by 1 pm. A pretty good morning! 



The path starts out just like a forest path should, lots of dirt, winding roots and scattered rocks.  It's still pretty early in the season, so the weather at 9 in the morning was perfect. Not to cold and not at all hot. Insects must have still been asleep, we forgot bug repellent and got lucky, didn't need it. I couldn't get over how green everything was. The leaves were almost neon with the sun shining through.  


Getting closer to the top, the dirt path started to become just rocks. All my previous hiking experiences have been through woods and mostly hills. Once we started actually trecking up the mountain, I actually had to climb rocks and boulders. Though it was more than I had expected it was perfect. 

 

The view from the top was gorgeous! The rock or stone in the picture was literally all around us. It was very quiet and peaceful, because it still kind of early in the morning, we only saw 2 couples while going up the mountain. Perfect for yoga and meditation! I was super bummed I didn't even think to bring my yoga mat. 


Descending we took a different trail which was mostly dirt and tiny pebbles. We actually had a tougher time slipping and sliding then we did climbing up. Once at the bottom we drove down the mountain a bit and saw some water I had to take pictures of. While walking along the stream we came across a Rock Balance sculpture someone had created. I love the simplicity of the art and the complexity of the balance at work within them. 



As always thanks for reading everyone! 
Have a Sweeter Day than Yesterday

No comments:

Post a Comment